Arba Minch University technology transfer office is established in 2002E.C, under Research directorates office. But in 2004E.C it was transferred to Community Service directorate.
The main objective of AMU technology transfer office is :
- To serve as a bridge between researchers and the business community, though technology transfer, innovations may be incorporated into products and services that directly benefit society, as well as research and education at AMU.
- To protect, manage, and transfer Arba Minch University owned intellectual property to benefit society, to expand public-private relationships, and to further the University's mission.
- to transfer inventions and innovative knowledge to outside organizations for the benefit of society.
- Provide a comprehensive technology transfer system
- Commercialize AMU research discoveries for societal benefit;
- Support economic growth by introducing new technology to the society ;
- Generate income for future research, development and education at AMU.