Benefits of University-Industry Linkage to the Industry
- Access to manpower, including well-trained graduates and knowledgeable faculty/collage from the university;
- Access to basic and applied research results from which new products and processes will evolve;
- Solutions to specific problems or professional expertise, not usually found in an individual firm
- Access to university facilities, not available in the company
- Assistance in continuing education and training
- Obtaining standing or enhancing the company’s image
- Being good local citizens or fostering good community relations
Benefits of University-Industry Linkage to the University
- Industrially sponsored research provides student with exposure to real world research problems
- Industrially sponsored research provides university researchers a chance to work on an intellectually challenging research programs;
- Some government funds are available for applied research, based upon a joint effort between university and industry.
- Industry provides a new source of money for university
Vision of AMiT, UIL_TT office
The Vision of the UIL-TT Office is to connect the university to institutions, organizations and communities at various levels as a means of enriching the university's curricula, promoting research and generating funds. This determination requires a pragmatic and result-oriented structure than hitherto available in the university.
Mission of AMiT, UIL_TT office
The mission of the UIL-TT Office is to coordinate the university's external relations to enable it maximally exploit the benefits of local and global partnerships which will contribute to placing it among the world's best universities.
Duties and Responsibilities of AMIT, UIL-TT office
- Establish sustainable structure for qualified internship system (QIS) and acquire sufficient internship places every year.
- Link the University to industry for mutual benefit through memorandum of understanding/agreement
- Obtain support from industry for University programs and projects.
- Renew linkages/collaborations/partnerships with industry.
- Organize seminars/workshops/visits for University-Industry relationships.
- Link University academic staff to industry for collaborative research and consultancy work.
- Obtain opportunities in industry for practical experience for AMiT students.
- Establish partnerships with community based projects and organizations.
- Conduct Needs Assessment (NA) in communities neighboring the University campuses for mutual benefit.